Brace yourself for a fun ride as we share how ‘Barbie’ scored a big win at the international box office! It’s a surprise – Barbie has now outrun Joker, breaking its record. We’re going to talk about how Barbie climbed to the top, what it means for movies, and a lot more. Watch how Barbie took on the hit Joker and came out on top. Sounds exciting? Then, let’s jump right into it!
- Barbie’s movie continues its exceptional run at the box office, bagging an impressive $127.0 million during its second weekend overseas. This surpasses the record previously set by Joker.
- The movie’s global success is on full display with its total overseas earnings reaching $429.3 million, and a worldwide total nearing the $800 million mark at $780.7 million.
- Barbie’s popularity is increasing across the globe. There’s considerable growth in countries like Taiwan and Germany, and the movie is number one in 57 markets.
- Despite a 31% drop from its opening weekend, the movie secured an astounding $127.0 million on 28,768 screens during its second weekend in overseas markets. This makes it the highest-grossing second weekend ever for a Warner Bros. film internationally.
- The film maintained its charm and appeal, with audience retention and repeat viewings contributing to its success.
- Barbie’s movie has made a significant impact worldwide, becoming the third-biggest industry film in 2023 after just 11 days of release. It’s also the fourth-biggest U.S. film of 2023 overseas.
- An interesting trend called the “Barbenheimer” effect, where fans paired Barbie with the historical biopic Oppenheimer, also contributed to the movie’s success. The combined gross of the two films has already exceeded $1 billion in less than two weeks.
Barbie’s Surprise Win
In a delightful turn of events, ‘Barbie’ rules the box office with an overwhelming performance during its second weekend overseas. The film, directed by Greta Gerwig, amassed an incredible $127.0 million. Interestingly, this figure represents a mere 31% drop from its opening weekend. That’s the power of Barbie! This outstanding success has toppled the international record earlier set by Joker.
The film’s reception was strong in various international markets, which propelled the overseas total to an outstanding $429.3 million. With the movie still screening in theaters worldwide, it’s on its way to reaching the $800 million milestone. There’s no doubt; ‘Barbie’ has captured hearts globally.
Barbie’s Massive Win
The film showed impressive growth in several countries, including Taiwan, Germany, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Even in markets where there were slight dips, such as China and Australia, ‘Barbie’ stayed strong, securing the top spot in 57 markets. The Barbie box office frenzy reached its peak with estimated weekend admissions of a staggering 17.9 million.
Within just 11 days of release, ‘Barbie’ has risen against runaway expectations to become the third-biggest industry film worldwide in 2023. But, the story doesn’t end here.
Barbie’s Never-Ending Success Story
The Barbie phenomenon isn’t limited to just one film. In fact, it has influenced the success of other movies, such as ‘Oppenheimer.’ This viral trend, dubbed the “Barbenheimer” effect, saw fans pairing ‘Barbie’ with ‘Oppenheimer.’ The result? The two films combined have already grossed over $1 billion for the global box office in less than two weeks. That’s the magic of Barbie!
The Power of FolksMedia
FolksMedia App brings you closer to your favorite movies and TV shows. Want to watch contents similar to Barbie or Joker? FolksMedia has got you covered. It’s easy, it’s convenient, and it makes your viewing experience a breeze! So why wait? Try FolksMedia today!